Click questions to view answers.
Where and when is the event with Laurie Hernandez?
Laurie Hernandez @ M&M Gymnastics & Dance
Sunday, May 21
(9:00 am – 2:00 pm)
16760 W Victor Rd.
New Berlin, WI. 53151
What are we fundraising for?
Andy and Jeanelle Memmel founded M&M Gymnastics in 1992. They met while working at a gymnastics camp and were married shortly after. After managing a local gym, they branched out to create M&M Gymnastics (Memmel & Memmel). They have dedicated their lives to sharing their love of this healthy sport with children and families.
This husband and wife team has been involved in the sport of gymnastics for over thirty years. Jeanelle began at the age of 11 and excelled to the elite level. Later, she competed at the collegiate level for Centenary College in Shreveport, Louisiana. (Her roommate was Olympian Kathy Johnson!) Andy competed in high school gymnastics and was recruited to compete for the University of Wisconsin – Madison with a full scholarship.
They passed their gift and love of the sport on to their three daughters: Chellsie, Mara and Skyler. Chellsie is currently a USA International Team Member, 2003 & 2005 World Champion and a 2008 Olympic Silver Medalist. Mara was on our competative gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics and pom teams and is currently on our coaching & office staff. Skyler is following in her sisters’ footsteps.
As a result of their perseverance, their gym has been growing and expanding since its inception. M&M Gymnastics began as a small gym, serving only two-hundred students. In 1997, they were forced to move to a new location to accommodate their growing clientele. As of January 2002, they’ve expanded to almost double their size and continue to provide the safest and healthiest environment in the area. Since then they have taken over the entire facility and have added two Tot Rooms and two dance studios.
M&M Gymnastics is a family-friendly gym where children learn much more than gymnastics. Students at M&M develop coordination and strength, increase flexibility, and gain self-confidence. They do this while learning to follow directions, work with others and believe in themselves. M&M is the best place for kids to develop healthy habits.
Gymnastics is the most comprehensive physical activity for today’s youth and helps to prepare them for any sport they choose to pursue. M&M Gymnastics offers a wide variety of developmental programs for boys and girls ages walking through high school. There are Parent and Child classes (ages walking to 3), Pre-school classes (ages 3-5), Girls’ recreational classes (ages 6 & up) and Boys’ recreational classes (ages 6 & up) as well as Boys, Girls and USAG competitive teams. There are a variety of specialty classes to choose from including: Tumbling & Trampoline, Ninja & Dance Classes.
M&M also offers Gymnastics Open Gym, Tot-Time Open Gym, Birthday Parties, Field Trips, Scout Outings.
How do I get to have lunch with Laurie Hernendez?
How do I attend the Q&A?
How do I get to have a private gymnastic clinic with Laurie Hernandez?
When is the fundraising deadline?
Are there any other prizes associated with this fundraiser?
Check out our fantastic prize lineup (with dollar amounts that must be raised to win each prize):
Raise money, help others, and score awesome prizes. It’s a win-win-win!
- $125: Event wristband and all gymnasts currently enrolled at M&M Gymnastics raising $125 will participate in a separate private clinic with Laurie.
- $250: Meet Laurie for pictures, autographs and Q&A session. Parents welcome!
- $500: Original artist’s rendering poster of Laurie.
- $1,500: Laurie will present you a signed Certificate of Fundraising Excellence during the Q&A session.
- $2,000: Bring an extra guest to the event – whoever you like!
- $3,000: Attend a private Rio Olympics roundtable discussion with Laurie. Learn about the Olympics from an Olympian!
- $5,000: Pose alongside Laurie in the official event picture that Laurie will post to her 1.85 million social media followers!
- $12,340: FUNDRAISING GOLD MEDALIST! The all-time individual fundraising record for a Lucas Sports Inc. event is $12,340. Beat this record and Lucas Sports will give you a $1,000 Amazon gift card!
Go for the top! Our top overall fundraisers will win awesome experiences with Laurie!
- Top 30 will participate in a private clinic with Laurie. This is an amazing opportunity to get tips from a world champion gymnast!
- Top 10 will attend a private lunch with Laurie. Bring your questions, your camera, and your appetite!
- Top 2 will attend the private lunch – seated next to Laurie!